Sun, 25 March 2007
Sit in with Jon and Brian Trout, SAP Practice Manager at B2B Workforce, for 45 minutes of straight talk on where things stand for SAP consultants in today's market.
Jon and Brian move beyond the NetWeaver hype for an in-depth look at which skills are hot and which are not. Brian's take on the SAP market has influenced many SAP consultants. Check out this podcast and find out why.
Jon and Brian cover themes such as:
- Are the core functional consultants having the last laugh? Why is work shifting away from the previously-titled "New Dimensions" products like APO, SEM, and CRM?
- What are the hottest areas in SAP consulting now, and how are upgrades fueling the consulting demand and the types of opportunities available?
- Why is there so much confusion about SAP product names and version numbers? How do the NetWeaver and mySAP release numbers match up? Which components fit into the new ECC (Enterprise Core) releases?
- Are companies getting the message and upgrading to 6.0, or are they also upgrading to other SPA releases? Which versions of SAP are most marketable for consultants?
- Get Brian's take on why SAP consultants should choose skills over rates. Find out how the elite consultants he knows stay in demand.
- Is ABAP programming "dead" as a career path? Brian offers his take on the type of SAP programmer who can succeed in today's outsourcing-heavy market.
- Find out why Brian thinks that functional consultants need to move beyond configuration skills. Hear Brian's view on why business process and industry knowledge matters more than ever.
- NetWeaver isn't just impacting technical consultants. Brian shares how NetWeaver is changing functional SAP consulting.
- Hear why Business Intelligence is here to stay, and why functional consultants should also be adding BI and BW skills to their profile.
Direct download: pcast_0307_sap_reed_trout01.mp3
Category: -- posted at: 5:25am EDT
Post your comment: